Innocence Vs Experience

In a world full of cloudy beauty. I stand up to part the sky.

Monday, March 06, 2006

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.stonyhill.com/Articles/meaning_of_life.htm

I found this article really interesting. Even though I don't believe in God, This person makes me believe that their faith is strong and purposeful. I respect that. They have quite logical and rational thoughts questioning what it means to be alive and dead.
"I can no longer blame the Devil or God for pain and suffering". Now that's a statement. I wish more Christians could be more like this 'Dick' guy. LOL. I couldn't help it. I tried to hold that in. But in all seriousness this man has accepted the fact that God doesn't have total control, and that he has some over his fate by the sounds of it. He is happy and even comforted.

I respect this man because he has an opinion and good honest intentions. This is the way I treat people despite religion, culture, and upbringing. There is no excuse for being ignorant and selfish. The fault is their own. If this fully devout Christian man can accept the beliefs of a Buddhists reincarnation and give some serious thought to as if it could happen to him; I say a gap has been bridged. This gives me hope in humanity and the goodness and understanding of people. I feel very happy for this person even though I do not know them.

" Reflexive consciousness and free will are the most incredible gifts that any sentient life form could ever be given in that they enable that life form to be a Co-Creator with God."

Yeah I can really see why he could think that way. Reflexive consciousness and free will could be said to be our "soul", that of which, makes us human. I know this man knows what it means to be alive and to value life because I do too. I have never known someone to feel the same way as I do on this topic. The bottom line is the key element and it really doesn't matter if the version of his story is completely different. That's just the way he tells it, and I can say the same bottom line in my version.

I am blessed to find another soul who I can share a common belief with.

(Blessed) To make happy, blithesome, or joyous; to confer prosperity or happiness upon; to grant divine favor to. * Can you be blessed without thinking it is a divine favor?

(Soul) The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity. * How on earth can thought, action and emotion be considered "immaterial". Soul, Karma, energy, Chi or whatever the divided want to call it, it doesn't mean because I disbelieve God that I am incapable of having a soul. I've got a deep, old soul baby hehe.

Is it possible to use these words without religious connotations?