Innocence Vs Experience

In a world full of cloudy beauty. I stand up to part the sky.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fallen From Grace

I get so nervous that I will say the wrong thing
Then like a love story gone wrong it begins
My worst thoughts start to surface
You have no idea how hard it is

Just to say hi
In my mind you've already said goodbye
It's like hitting a brick wall
Over and over again until I feel so small

I am powerless in your presence
So weak and helpless
Like a worm on sting
Naked, where I cannot win

It seems that only in my quietened mind
Would you realise my intentions behind
Why I want to get through
To you

I want to tell you so many good things
To be beside you and spread our wings
To go to a place made for you and I
Where our our worries are lost in the sky

I think of you all the time
If only every time I had a dime
I bury my head in shame
For all the things I did that was lame

I was so blind to see
You right in front of me
All the times you spoke to me in kind words
I was away with the birds

Back to earth
To show you maybe I am worth
A little more of your attention
And maybe some love and affection