Innocence Vs Experience

In a world full of cloudy beauty. I stand up to part the sky.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Livin da High Life

You didn't notice how nervous I was that night, but I didn't say.
You didn't notice how much I needed your arms around me, but it's ok.
You didn't notice how patiently I was waiting for you, I will keep waiting and anticipating

You didn't notice because you were occupied
You didn't notice because you were looking for somewhere to hide
Your mind is somewhere else I cannot reach
Hold on, I might have something to teach

You think you're not ready,
full of doubt thinking "what happens if we go steady",
already preparing me to say goodbye from day one,
"but hey, let's have fun"

You're in a hurry, but your going nowhere fast.
Slow down. Don't beat yourself up over the past.

So much to give, yet the flow is interrupted
I meander with you, I pull back when you push to hard, I lean in when you pull back, I melt when I feel you melt.

The hardest part is taking it easy
Re-learning how to come across as breezy
You know what you don't want, but you don't know what you do want
You are half way there
and... I care
You figure it out along the way, give yourself time

Worrying, panicking and confused thoughts take you back,
that's a fact
So just breathe, and you will will relieved
how fast is your heart beating?
Pay attention, are you in comfortable seating?


I don't have the answers for all your questions, if we put our heads together, we could figure it out.

Bring me closer, inch by inch.
Hold me gently and I won't flinch
Look into my eyes
and you might be surprised
to find a deeper connection
and so much love and affection

Happy Valentines Day sweetheart