Innocence Vs Experience

In a world full of cloudy beauty. I stand up to part the sky.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Innocence lost and found

Theres still so much I dont understand
I can only hope I've got someone there to hold my hand
To guide me in this cruel world
Where innocence girls are hurled
To the lions den
To become the sexual fantasies of men

My heart bleeds for the innocence lost
The softness of skin turned into frost
Hardened over the years
It was hard to even shed tears

I was made into whatever you want me to be
I was here to make everyone happy
Unfortunately everyone has different ideas
Too many colours on the palette only becomes a smear

My open heart which used to beat in a steady rhythm
Got confused
Now Im back to the start
I cry for all of you that feel used

I could point fingers all day and prop up your eyes
Show you the world full of lies
You already know what is wrong and right
The trouble is learning to fight

People will tear open your beliefs
Shake the tree bare until you have no leaves
Promises of something better
In an attempt to make you wetter

Im sorry for my crudeness
There is no other way I can say this
I have a baby sister I love dearly
She shouldn't have to go through this clearly

There is a way
A light just for you today
Take everything precious you own
Tuck it away and only think about it alone

Where no one can see
The real beauty in you and me
Hold it there

There will be many times you feel no one understands
No one there to dry your tears or hold your hand
But when your heart says it's safe
It will open and you will have everything to share

You will have everything except the perfect person
If only you hold onto to your precious self
When he comes along he will always bring you back to health
But that health has got to be there before
Or else you will only get animals behind your door

listen to beautiful songs, read interesting books
Personality comes before looks
How you take care of yourself is important too
Like how carefully did you pick those shoes?

They might look good all sparkly and glam
and get the boys to say "damn"
But how far will they really get her?
Crippling her feet to look like a star

Play your cards close to your chest
Then you will do your best
Until you find a place to rest
And avoid dramas and save your head from being messed